Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Writing a Children's Book: Late Nights


Once again it's late at night.  I'm in between yawns. It's isn't easy writing thoughts that will translate into meaningful feelings to others who read mere words.  And it is difficult to focus on the subject matter...chasing the imagery,
 the direction seems scattered at times...but always, it is an adventure as to how far my imagination can go...and it does...and I am always surprised and delighted...to giggles!
I move along with the story as though I were living in it...transported by my seemingly effortless racing mind, and I begin to believe in my own ridiculousness and think, "Why not?"  Then it becomes reality that "could be" and perhaps "should be".  I start to laugh inside myself and the more I laugh the more preposterous a tale blooms from my fingers.  It is medicine of joy for me...a middle aged woman who conjures up the stories of a child.  Pouring forth like a river of  bubbling lava, I have a warmth in my soul that reveals itself through my pens, colors, and incredibly silly thoughts...so what if they are strange or weird or unbelieveable...what if what we think of IS? Chuckles. Time to go back to the drawing board...and write more silliness!
It's well past midnight...time to go to sleep...and dream up some things to write tomorrow! Goodnight Walker! Goodnight Adriel! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment