Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A SURGE OF ENERGY IS NECESSARY!

It is the hour when almost all creative fizzle is fizzled.  I am sitting in my office.  No, not the office of choice, but rather the office of my everyday life.  Where I am to the world at large, a licensed associate real estate broker.  Do not tell people you meet that I am a real estate broker.  It would confuse them.  I am REALLY an illustrator and writer of children's books.  But during the day I dress up as a broker and show people houses for sale and rent and work until the middle of the next day preparing for the next day.  Nobody knows how long and hard a real estate broker works.  So, why tell you now?  I live and breathe with the real estate market's changes.  Tonight I am mid-way between both and am nearly ready to change costumes. 
My artist and writer's outfit is remarkably more comfortable.  This is what I look like at the end of the day.  Frazzled! Perplexed!  It's time to go home.  Even the streets are empty.  It's nearly midnight and my dog is asleep at my feet under my desk.  A car drove by.  Probably lost.  Or, maybe its a real estate broker previewing properties for tomorrow.  We do that you know...look at houses in the dark because there isn't enough time in the day to see them all.
 I have to spend some time with the characters in my book.   We have an appointment every day.  I'm late now.  Stuffed up in my lap top is no place for active personalities.  I'll be back soon...after I put in some time creating what matters...laughter and joy.  Two things that come out of my brain when I'm free to write and let go with my imagination.  Great colors are ready to burst!!!!   The character above is actually a Professor...she's part of my book in progress.  Good night everyone!  Goodnight everyone...sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment