Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A VIEW FROM THE TOP OF A SHORT TREE

We all start at the top. Where the vista of possibility seems like a John Ford western film; wide expansive prairies so vast you can't see the beginning or end of the range, and an unspoken promise of  tremendous opportunity. I think that is the best place to be when you begin anything...you climb to the top and you imagine that the landscape before and surrounding you, holds your dreams.  Your task is simple: to work with a passion to realize and bring to life, what you imagine.
Conversely, most of us believe we start at the bottom.  I believe it all depends upon how you view life. I start at the top.  Sure, my tree is not full grown so I may not see as much at the top as if it were the tallest tree, but it's a growing tree and it's strong enough to hold me as I cling to the center, growing wider by the micro minute and taller.
Pick a sturdy little tree and stick with it.  It has potential just as you do.  It can and will, with nurturing, become.  You will too. I remind myself that it is the growing process that makes the journey memorable.  Memories become stories. For a writer, that is essential...our memory evokes emotions, passions, fears, excitement, sentiment that is there to articulate with words that are like jewels, each glittering with meaning. 
Like the sturdy little tree, you too can grow to realize your dream. Of this I am certain.  In fact, I am counting on it. With that, I'm going to water my sturdy little pine tree now...it's all on paper waiting to be fed more words that become thoughts that become what is known as sentences.  Hopefully they will make sense and have meaning to those who read them. Make the most of your day...let go and climb the tree.  You'd be amazed at what's out there before you.  Thank you for being here...until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment